Demon Wheelers Stag Weekends is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Demon Wheelers Stag Weekends may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2012 and updated as of 1st may 2012
What we collect when completing an event enquiry or and event booking
We may collect the following information:
- name and company for corporate clients
- contact information including email address and/or telephone number
- other information relevant to the specific event
- billing address when booking an event
- feedback and quotes following an event
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided but only if you have said this is ok.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail but only if you have stated this is ok to do.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
What Cookies doe we use
Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to help us improve the website and to offer a better service. We use Google Analytics for this as it helps us understand better what content on our site is most interesting to you, the visitor. We then can tailor the content on the site to provide more of popular content and improve the less popular pages to make them more appealing. Cookies Set by Google include
- _UTMA & _UTMV– This is a persistent cookie and will expire 24 months after your last site visit. Google analytics cookies do not store personal information only a Unique number within the cookie to be able to track re-visits.
- _UTMB – Tthis is a session cookie and records the time you begin visiting the site and is used to help us understand how long someone visits our site for. This cookie expires as soon as you leave the site.
- _UTMC – This cookie records the time your user code leaves the site. It will explore 30 minutes after you have left the site if you do not re-visit the site in that time.
- _UTMZ – This keeps track of where you arrived at the site from, which search engine you used, which link you clicked on, what keyword you used, and where you were in the world when you accessed a website. It expires in 6 months. This helps us define if different content is more useful to different users in different regions. This is all tagged to the unique number assigned to your cookie and not your personal data.
WordPress – We use WordPress for our website. If you log in or register WordPress will set cookies to remember your settings. If you do not log in or comment no cookies will be set
Twitter – We use a Twitter block on the right hand side of our website. If you are logged in to Twitter these cookies would have already been set. However if you are not logged in and not visited any sites with a twitter widget it will set a Guest ID. We do not store any personal information in these cookies apart from a Guest ID.
Eepurl.com – If you have clicked the Sign up to our newsletter link. When visiting the sign up form eepurl.com will have sent a cookie (_AVESTA_ENVIRONMENT) this is to remember you have visited the sign up page.
How to block Cookies
Visit this link for a list of how to block cookies
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, but only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We may be required as part of organising an event to pass on contact details to a venue such as a hotel if hotel rooms are required or if another company is sub-contracting any part of any event. We will inform you if this is the case.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Demon Wheelers Stag Weekends, Unit 1 Clarence works, 30-36 Burton Road, Sheffield, S3 8BX.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.